Friday, August 13, 2010

Birds

The Paper Source Catalog came the other day and, as usual, it was rich in color and inspiring. I cut out a million birds out of that catalog ... I just couldn't stop. Initially I wasn't sure what I was going to do with all of them, because in my mind I really just needed one for one of my doodling scenes. But the following night I started painting and I just knew what I should do with (some of) those birds. Some of those birds also found their way into my journal and the rest was for my lucky daughter - who thought they were so pretty ...

Exercising my doodling muscles in my art journal.

My first ever mixed media painting.
I've always wanted to do it. For years!
And here it is.
{acrylics + stamps + pretty paper on wood}
The birds inspired me to journal a bit. 


Who knew a catalog could be so useful :)

No comments: