Sunday, October 3, 2010

Little pieces of art

Another week of Experimental Art course. I'm loving it tremendously!
I'm a little bit behind on the assignments ... but I hope to rectify that soon ...

Below I used photography work found in an old Popular Photography magazine and transfered tracings of fairies/people from a promotional calendar I found in Indonesia. I colored the creatures with Sharpie pens.


The above photograph is by Guy Rogers. Unfortunately for the one below I can't find the photographer's information. I have been cutting out photos/ads/etc from magazines, mainly for inspiration. And I usually keep the creator's information, too. So I'm really sorry to the person who took this gorgeous photograph.


I hope I'm not violating copyright laws ...
Please know, this project was created for my personal exploration and to fulfill a fun assignment for my e-course. 

2 comments:

Leililaloo said...

This looks so sweet, i love it! What e-course did you do this assignment for? If i may ask off course? BTW i'm in the one 'get your painting on' with you right now..

Cynthia Rahardja Clancy said...

Thank you Leililaloo!
It was done for the "Experimental Art" ecourse by Amelia Critchlow. The link is here: http://www.ameliacritchlow.co.uk/section354449.html
It was an inspiring and informative course. I recommend it :)