Friday, October 1, 2010

Painting as relaxation therapy

I love painting abstract pieces. It is perfect relaxation therapy! It's great to create without trying to produce something specific. There is no stress that things are not turning out the way I had it in my mind. I never know how it's going to end up even if I use the same materials and colors. And it's always fun to find "something" or "some story" in those paintings afterwards.





The above paintings were done with my fingers/hands only - no brushes or other tools. So I thought it would be great to do with my kids, too! I find it hilarious that my usually messy kids carefully dipped their fingers into the paint and ran to the bucket of water, which I provided for hand washing, every 20 seconds!




Life is funny that way.

No comments: