Friday, November 19, 2010

New home for my mixed media

Ah the holiday season is definitely here. We've been having a houseful of guests since last week and it's been busy, busy, busy ... a good kind of busy. However with that there's little creative time.

My parents were here until last Wednesday, which was very exciting. Last time they were here was for Alex's birth. Gosh, time flies by. Alex's 4th Birthday is coming soon.

My Mom loved the way I have started to decorated the house and she LOVED my first mixed media painting that I hung on the entryway wall. Remember this?


So I gave it to her.

I always thought that I'd be really happy when I sell my first painting/mixed media/creative item, because that would be a huge milestone for me. A sign that I have created something so beautiful, someone else is actually willing to pay for it. But when my Mom looked at it and really appreciated it and even called my Dad to see what I have created, I felt that happiness that I thought I would have if I had my first sale. It really meant a lot to me, because let's face it, my Mom comes from a really creative and talented family. Plus she is really picky!

So now it has a new home :)

2 comments:

The Dreaming Bear said...

Very cool! Glad to hear this fun piece has the right home!!

Cynthia Rahardja Clancy said...

Thank you!