Thursday, March 3, 2011

An apron for a little boy

What's been cooking in my house?
Well, first off: a little apron for my little boy.

Click on the picture for a more detailed view. It has 3 pockets and stars embroidery on the tie. It also has a big hem. Just in case he loves it for a long time, and we'll need to lengthen it in the future.


Cute? Well, it's even cuter on my boy. But alas, although he was SO happy to get an apron, he didn't want to be photographed in it. I've tried for a week. So, I guess this photo will do ;)


Sorry you have to see the messy playroom. He was in the middle of playing when I made him put the apron on. The good news the apron has been worn a few times since. Our first project were little cakes. I made 12 regular size cupcakes for sharing with friends. And the rest of the dough went into a flat pan.

After it was all baked and cooled, I let my kids use cookie cutters to cut out little cakes for themselves.


We all made whipped cream, too. A favorite of mine. It's so easy for the kids to make and virtually little mess (as long the mixer stays in there :)


We spread the whipped cream on the cakes and sprinkled little sugar flowers on top of it. YUM!


 

As you can see, I had a very happy home that day. I must admit I LOVED the cakes, too. It's the first time I have tried Dr Oetker cake mix. I don't know why, since I use several other Dr Oetker products. Anyhow, it's a favorite in our home now!

PS. Oops. Yes my kitchen is messy, too! And my son took the apron off just before we took the photo ... haha. Is wearing an apron really that embarrassing? Maybe because I have never worn one. Note to myself: make a ruffly apron for myself!



1 comment:

Autumn said...

Oh, your kiddos are darling! It can be so difficult to find creative time alone with kids in the house, but at least you live creatively with the kids. And look at these photos?! Every minute is worth it! xx,
Autumn Clark