Sunday, March 27, 2011

Upcycling recycables

I'm so excited to start a new art journal. Since the new year I have been wanting to start a new journal ... you know, new year, new journal. But a big part of me also wanted to finish what I had started. I love the journal I started last year. I love the handmade feel of the pages and all the personal things I had entered so far. I just couldn't abandon it without filling up every single page.

And now ... well, now it's finally time to fill a new one with new thoughts and goodies!

Initially I wanted to buy a new journal. Now I have a new idea.
This year I have been wanting to:

1. go green ... or at least a little bit more green than before. I cringe every time I take our recycling out. It doesn't help that I hate cooking and we eat frozen food a few times a week and that I keep forgetting to bring our reusable bags when I go grocery shopping. (Sorry earth!)

2. use my stationary and scrapbooking paper. Since I can remember I have been collecting beautiful and cute letter sets, cards, notebooks and, in most recent years, scrapbooking paper. There is no better time than now to stop hoarding it and start using it :)

So I've decided to upcycle my recycling into an art journal (I hope that makes sense :) and mix in lots of pretty paper for journaling.


I hope I can keep it up.

No comments: