Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Painting wind chimes with kids

I love Wednesdays. It's early pick-up in school and we don't have any after school activities. It's the day we mostly hang out at home. Today my kids painted wind chimes - one of Jasmine's many Birthday presents. There were two in the box and she was very generous today and let her little brother paint one.

 

It became very serious very fast. They are usually active and goofy and loud :) So I just loved watching them concentrate.



Today I didn't take this opportunity to work on my own things. I just watched (and reminded them to wash and dry their brushes before changing color). I was amazed to see those little hands work.



But can I just say, I miss those lovable, chubby, and clumsy hands when they were babies & toddlers!
If you've got a pair of yummy hands at home, cherish them!!

1 comment:

wind chimes said...

That sounds like a great activity, I think encouraging our children to be more creative is so important and I have to admit that I sometimes forget. I recently bought a painting set for my little girl and she loves it, I've never seen her sit still for so long and just concentrate on something that's not the television, it was great to see.