Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mother's Day present

Remember this started canvas from last year's "must work on this" list?


I know! It's been too long. I didn't even remember that I had a half done canvas lying around, until I was looking for my painting stuff just before I started a painting e-course a couple of months ago.

Anyway, I didn't know what to do with it for a long time. It never seemed the right thing to use when inspiration struck for a painting assignment. Then ... last Monday, I suddenly realized in horror that Mother's day is this Sunday, and I hadn't made or bought a thing for my Mom! I know, I feel so bad. Reading this you might think that my Mom and I are probably not too close. Well, truth is, we are. I swear! But like everything in life these days ... time just passes me by.

For a second, it crossed my mind that maybe I'll just donate one painting to the fundraiser and send one to my Mom. Oh gosh, it's embarassing to admit it out loud! haha. After all, I already had promised two paintings to the fundraiser AND my Mom really does deserve something more personal, something just made for her.

For a reason I cannot explain, I felt now was the right time to use my blue canvas.
And so I made this.




I love my Mom so and I hope she loves it!
Happy Mother's day ... Happy Mother's week! (I love to celebrate in terms of "weeks", like Birthday week :)

1 comment:

Sachiko said...

Very unique and origianl! Thank you for visiting my link party!