Thursday, June 16, 2011

Father's Day mixed media

Since mother's day this year, I knew I wanted to create a mixed media painting for my Dad. Initially I wanted to create a matching painting to what I made for my Mom. However, I just couldn't get myself motivated. Finally I looked at my materials and found 4 square canvases. I bought them years ago to create one painting, but when seen individually, each canvas was supposed to have a strong design on its own.

I thought this was a great idea for my Dad - a little like a puzzle to put together. He'd love that.
So this is what I made.









I probably could have worked on it a bit longer. But I really wanted to get to my Dad in time.
So there it goes, it is in the mail now :)

2 comments:

Autumn said...

This is just wonderful! Each piece is just lovely. Love the blues too. Thanks so much for this mixed media inspiration.
xx,
Autumn Clark

Cynthia Rahardja Clancy said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad it has inspired someone :)