Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Monterey road trip

How was your 4th of July?
We hadn't planned a thing for the long weekend. In between our trip to San Diego and our upcoming trip to NYC, I thought we needed a breather. But on Friday, my hubby decided to do a last minute fun trip. We pricelined a hotel in Monterey and 3 hours later we were on our way.

Most of our time was spend in the swimming pool.



We added a bit of beach fun ...



playground excitement (my kids love the huge Dennis the Menace playground!) ...


tree climbing adventure ...


and a side trip to Big Sur 


and Cambria.



{Elephant seals molting on the beach.}


{Zebras at Hearst Castle. This is at least the fourth time
that I pass by Hearst Castle and yet it's the first time
that I see these zebras.}


{The "secret fairy garden" behind a garden shop in Cambria,
which is a must visit for us every time we visit.}

I am totally exhausted!
But look at these munchkins. It was totally worth it :)


I hope you had a great weekend, too!

No comments: