Wednesday, August 10, 2011

An e-course by Kelly Rae Roberts

I told myself that I would not take any e-courses this summer, at least until my kids are back in school. But then this opportunity came along. Kelly Rae Roberts is offering her e-course: Flying Lessons: Tips + tricks to help your creative business soar, starting this week.

BWS tips button

She offered it once last year. While I was really tempted to take it, I knew my mind was not in the right place. I was in Indonesia and my grandmother was really sick at the time. So when I saw that Kelly is offering it now, and won't be again any time soon, it didn't take me long to decide to go with it.

You see, it is Kelly Rae Robert's art that propelled me into listening to my whispers and finally creating and learning all things creative. I was on a road trip visiting Cambria, where one of the shops was selling Kelly's beautiful art. I don't know what made it more special than all the other beautiful things I have seen in other shops, but I just couldn't forget her girls. And with it, my own whispers to be creative, which has been knocking in my heart and soul for years, grew louder and louder.

Days later I googled her, bookmarked her blog and ordered her book. Hers was the first blog I ever followed. And soon I found a whole world of beautiful blogs, beautiful people, beautiful art! I felt like: Where have I been all these years? And it's normally I, who finds all the nifty stuff on the web!

I decided to create. Or more appropriately learn to create and experiment. I decided to blog about my journey. I wanted to share this journey with others. But even more than anything, it felt like the blog made me commit to my creativity. If I had nothing to blog about, I hadn't done much that really nourishes my soul.

I'm really happy with where I am now and I'm ready to take a step further.
It feels so right to learn a few business tricks from the person who inspired me to be creative.

With this e-course, I'm hoping to revamp my photography business. This year my little one will be going to preschool five half days. This will give me more time to freelance and hopefully give me a more consistent income. Also, I would like to open an etsy shop. Although, I'm not sure if that will happen this year or next year, when my little one goes to school full-time. After all 3 hours/day is not a whole lot. Plus I'm also hoping to clean more, organize more, start yoga again ... all the while being creative and learning new creative skills ... haha ... now that I am writing all this out, I'm not sure if it's all possible. But well, I've got to try, right?! ;)

No comments: