Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What can I make with a set of boxes?

The other day I walked around Michaels and saw this set of boxes.


I thought: Perfect!
For what? For storing toys, of course :)
We recently redid our kids bedroom: painted it yellow and moved them from toddler beds to a nice big kid bunk bed. Now I am looking to decorate and find creative ways to store their toys. So those boxes? Perfect.

I painted the boxes inside and out, "wallpaper-ed" a couple of them with scrapbooking paper, and decorated a bit with trims and lace and ribbons. My daughter and I painted the outside, initially with a house and garden theme.  She got bored, so I took the liberty to stamp one box and paint another while inspired by Flora Bowley's painting lessons.


 

I'm pretty pleased how it all turned out :)


Our space is quite small, these boxes are a bit squashed between a shelf and a bunkbed. So I guess it wouldn't have mattered what the outside looks like. But .... it was a fun creative exercise anyway :)

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I am so in love with these boxes. I found you on Pinterest. My daughter would love something like this. I think this would be great for play or hanging on the wall like you have done.

Cynthia Rahardja Clancy said...

Thank you Rebekah. Nice to hear that the boxes inspired you.