Thursday, May 10, 2012

Quick card idea ... good for Teacher Appreciation week

Are you ever in a bind looking for a card that needs to be send or given to in ... like, an hour?
I am.
A lot.

The other day I was reminded to send a present that very day for an 18th Birthday. The present was bought the week before. The card I had managed to procastinate on.

This is where my {huge} paper and die cuts stash came in. I knew there was a good use for it!
In 5 minutes I managed to put together a pleasing card. Simple, bold and beautiful.

The card.

The envelope.

Technique Tip:
1. Take an 6x6" scrapbook paper (printed on both side)
2. Fold the bottom of the paper, so it will fit into the envelope you have.
I used an 4.25x6.25" envelope, I think.
3. Glue or staple the sides where the paper is folded, so it creates a pocket.
4. Embellish with die cuts, stickers or 3D embellishment.
5. Find a tag to write your message on.
6. Have fun embellishing the tag as well, or add photos.
7. Slip into the pocket.
8. Enjoy!

I'm off to make more of these kinds of cards, because next week is teacher's appreciation week. And my son decided that he would like to give not just his teachers cards, but also the office staff, the school chaplain ... and the list goes on. 

So I will make these cards, which are little "folders" and my kids can create little pictures, poems or whatever else on small pieces of paper that can be tucked into the cards. 

Can't wait for my kids to come home :)

If you are a teacher, Happy Teacher's Week!

No comments: