Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer filled journals

Our summer holiday was busy!
fun. filled with adventures. full of travel, activities and experiences. 


Kissing a dolphin in Hawaii :)


That's me. Parasailing!


Playing Tessie in Annie Jr.


Having a picnic in Napa.

Walking around Ketchikan.

Time flew!
With the little quiet, creative time I have had, I have been journalling.
I have started quite a collection :)

Here are a few quick peeks.

The Alaska travel journal.
I'm still working on it ... turns out, I don't really like printing out photos.
I wish I had the Instax or the new digital polaroid ;)


The Hawaii travel journal.
 We squeezed in a last minute vacation just before school started :)
I didn't have time to create my own journal so I bought one.
This one is by Amy Tangerine. *love her*


The lost and found journal
This altered book was made at Spark 3. 
Taught by the lovely Jen Jensen. (I wish she had a blog)
I never knew what to do with it though. I don't like making things with no purpose.
Now it is the most practical book I have.
It houses all my leftover photos, found kids drawings & poems,
experimental crafts (the flat kind), and such
that I can't bear to throw away, but also have no real home in my overflowing study.







The experimental art journal
This journal actually overlaps in purpose with another couple of journals I currently work on.
However, when we visited the super luxurious mattress shop and received this brochure,
I couldn't help putting it to good use. 
With such beautiful, thick pages and messages of 
"handmade" and "relaxation" on every other page,
I had a hard time throwing it away. 
I tried! A couple of times! 





Now it's time to fill them all up :)

No comments: