Monday, December 10, 2012

*love* brushes app

Today, while my hubby was on a conference call,
I took the opportunity to experiment with his ipad :)

I gave the brushes app a try on it.
*love*
What was supposed to be a 20 minute experiment,
turned into a 2 hour play.

I followed the same painting principles
used in most mixed media processes.
1. Create a background
2. Add a subject (a girl, in this case)
3. Layer, layer, layer
4. Add details
5. Repeat step 4 and 5 as necessary :)

So I came up with this.


I think I'll be -layer, layer, layer-ing a bit more later.
But for now,
I have to say,
I love it.

Pros of the Brushes app:
- the way the brushes "feel"
- the layering capabilities
(unfortunately you have to shell out $2.99 for this,
but I'm a photoshop person,
I need to be able to come back to various layers,
so it was worth it for me :)
- the capability to import other pictures

I played with incorporating my daughter's photo
into the painting.


It's not the greatest photo of her.
But in this photo she stood just the right way
for my girl in the painting :)

Anyhow, this lead me into 
wanting to create a calendar.


I thought of using this as the ipad's backdrop,
but of course our ipad's screen is filled with apps 
and the calendar is useless.
(I don't use the ipad enough! haha!)

No comments: