Thursday, January 24, 2013

My word of the year

Last year my phrase of the year was
"Just do it".

It suits me.
Because I'm great analyzer.
I analyze everything to death,
especially when it comes to my creativity.
It's been great to tell myself
to just go with the flow.
Just do it.
Doesn't matter how it will turn up.
It's not going to hurt anyone.

And with that mindset,
I have tried so many new painting mediums;
I went to my first Painting class
with people I have admired for so long;
I've started to learn to paint digitally;
I stitched; I knitted;
I sewed ...
all things that make my heart sing.

This year my mantra will be
Finish.


[The doodles on the sides are not mine.
This year, instead of buying an agenda,
I bought a notebook by Jill Bliss from Chronicle Books
to organize myself.
The pages have beautiful drawings of succulents by Jill.]

As it turns out,
Just doing it doesn't help me get to my end goals,
since I have too many ideas
and urges to experiment with different things,
I start a million things
and don't get anywhere.

Although I greatly believe in dreaming big,
this year my goals will be smaller.
I'm going back to reality a little more.

So here is to 2013!
I hope yours has been great so far.

No comments: