Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Learning to make patterns

I love photoshop.
Mainly for editing photographs,
but I have always wanted to learn more of the graphic design of things.

I admire the works of Jessica Rose and Rhonna Farrer.
And I constantly fill up my shopping cart with digital goodies at Two Peas
(even though I most often don't end up buying because truly, I have other expenses ;o)

I admit there are things that I'll never be able to make for myself,
like those beautiful hot air balloons by Rhonna.
However, I have decided that surely I must be able to
create a few basic things for myself!

Last night I started playing a bit.
I started simply.
First I created a chevron pattern.


and continued with variations of colors.



Truly fun.

Then I played with triangles,


and started coloring here and there.



It's addictive.

The last shapes I played with were arrows.
These are standard arrows that come with photoshop.


I played with colors here, too.




I really liked the last variation.
So I decided to play with texture,


and a photo.


I wanted to add embellishments and words,
and I wanted to make a pattern that contains hand drawn images,
but I ran out of time.

Until next time :o)

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Very interesting, I like your last one the best.

Cynthia Rahardja Clancy said...

Thank you Carmen!