Saturday, February 7, 2015

Hello 2015!

Well, this happens every year.
At the beginning of every year,
I'm on fire with my creativity,
and then I fizzle out towards the end of the year.

It's not that there is no desire to create,
it's just that I'm running out of steam ...
with everything ... 
home management, family life, home schooling, creative expression ...
I have a lot of goals/plans/dreams/ideas, 
but they all come to a head.
And instead of doing things one at a time,
chipping away from the long to do list,
I tend to get overwhelmed and do the minimum.
My creative wishes tend to be at the bottom of the list,
and my ideas tend to slowly accumulate,
getting restless in my brain,
knocking violently at my conscious, 
desperately trying to get out.

Fortunately it's a new year.
A fresh start.
Full of new possibilities.
Right?

I have finally determined my word of the year.


I am hoping to manifest all that is whirling around in my head right now :)

PS. The above artwork was created with a watercolor background I painted,
then imported and embellished using the Rhonna Design app on my ipad.


No comments: